How Positive Psychology impacts your businesses bottom line

Happy at work  Jodie Cooper workshopsGiven that the average employee is unproductive for around 25% of their working day (and often stressed for the other 75%) Positive Psychology Coaching and workshops aim to increase personal productivity and efficiency while building resilience to stress and burnout. The objective of the coaching and workshop program is to provide tangible results to the business while supporting executives to build a positive mindset and a sustainable work/ life balance.

Here are some important facts about Positive Psychology in business.

  • Positive workers are over 37% more productive than their negative co-workers, they do better in management roles and are more resilient to stress. – Shawn Achor
  • Positive managers have teams that are 30% more productive than their negative co-workers. – Shawn Achor
  • Thriving teams; those who have high success rates, better cohesion and stay focused on the project, have a positivity ratio of 6:1, meaning they interact with 6 x the positivity than negativity. – Michael Lossada
  • Untreated mental health conditions cost Australian employers $10.9 billion every year through absenteeism, reduced productivity and compensation claims. - PriceWaterhouseCoopers 2014
  • The ROI (Return on Investment) for coaching is 7 times the initial investment, with over a quarter of companies reporting an ROI of 10 to 49 times. – PriceWaterhouseCoopers 2014

There is a widely held opinion in the training industry that between 50% and 90% of training is utterly wasted. Combining Positive Psychology Workshops with Executive Coaching provides a much better, more personalised solution using the tools of a scientific discipline to increase productivity and overall employee positivity and satisfaction.

For more information on the programs available please contact Jodie on the details below.